TEAM Informatics sells and implements Oracle WebCenter Sites, Portal, Content, and Social. Most of our customers buying and deploying Oracle software match Oracle’s WebCenter Sites, Portal, Content, and Social categories.
Oracle software licenses are currently categorized by “Applications” or “Technology”.
Oracle Applications include:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as
- E-Business Suite
- JD Edwards
- Siebel CRM
- Agile Product Lifecycle Management
TEAM sells, implements, and/or integrates to these applications.
Oracle Fusion Middleware Technology software includes:
- Identity Management
- SOA & BPM Suite
- WebCenter Suite
- Oracle WebCenter Content (formerly UCM)
- Oralce WebCenter Content: Records (formerly URM)
- Oracle WebCenter Content: Rights (formerly IRM)
- Oracle WebCenter Content: Imaging (formerly I/PM)
- Oracle WebCenter Sites (formerly WCM, FatWire)
- Oracle WebCenter Portal (formerly WebCenter)
- Oracle WebCenter Social
- Conversion Server
- Oracle WebCenter Capture
TEAM focuses most specifically on Business Process Management and WebCenter technologies.
For more information about Oracle Fusion Middleware, view Oracle’s featured software.
The client needed a self-sustaining site which would maintain a consistent look and feel throughout. This required conforming to branding standards, mitigating the difficulty of managing multi-language sites, and reducing their heavy reliance on web developers when creating new pages and editing existing content.
Deployment of a Oracle Web Content Management platform allowed for a single Site Studio site to deliver content and site structure for any number of languages.
The deployed site offers expanded functionality:
- Single site hierarchy for multi-lingual support & consistency
- Master content model ensures proper brand & country messaging
- Consistent lead capture for hierarchy of customer data
- Go forward platform for multi-site launch & campaign
Client needed a common platform to support authoring of content and web pages across the organization structure. Defined processes for publishing content to the intranet needed revamped. Common technology needed to be leveraged across the company.
Deployment of Oracle WebCenter and WCM technologies across the organization facilitated efficiencies in all departments. The resulting implementation also supported an increase in employee morale due to many departments feeling more empowered and productive.
The deployed intranet portal boasts several improvements:
- Decrease in time and effort finding relevant information to accomplish job requirements
- Elimination of duplicate forms and redundant information resources
- Reduced time and effort in authoring, review, formatting, and publishing content to the employee portal
- Secure sharing of departmental information